Crossroads Christian Fellowship Core Values
- We believe that every person is valuable to God.
Because people are eternally valuable to God, they are to us as well. Responsible evangelism will always be our cause and ongoing discipleship will always be the core of the ministry (Genesis 1:26-27; John 3:16-17).
- We believe that “doing church as a team” is God’s design for effective ministry.
Holy Spirit-empowered serving and a willing heart for volunteerism is vital to God’s plan being accomplished (Ephesians 4:11-16).
- We believe that a simple presentation of Jesus Christ in creative ways will impact and transform lives.
Relating to our culture through redeeming the arts while remaining true to the Scriptures is a balance we will always keep. This allows us to present the Gospel in such a way that reaches the heart (1Corinthians 9:22, 23).
- We believe that loving God and others is a command given to every follower of Jesus (Matthew 22:37-40).
- We believe every person has been given gifts to be discovered, developed, and deployed (Ephesians 2:10).
- We believe God is worthy of our very best.
A growing spirit of excellence should permeate every activity. Excellence, not perfection, with consistent evaluation and a willingness to improve are healthy attributes for growing ministries (Colossians 3:17).
- We believe everyone deserves to be known and needed.
Refusing to give audience to a spirit of complaining, we will instead be courageous in solving every problem in a way that honors God and builds Biblical character. We value healthy relationships by protecting the unity of the Spirit in our church (Ephesians 4:1-3).
- We believe that God wants to reach people through His people.
Each follower of Jesus should be developing genuine relationships with friends and family and gladly extend an invitation for them to come to church and into their home for the sharing of life and love (Mark 2:3-5).
- We believe in identifying, training and releasing emerging leaders.
We will do everything we can to help those who are fully committed to Jesus and who will reach their world with the Good News of Jesus Christ (Psalm 78:6-7).
- We believe every follower of Jesus should commit to a lifestyle of spiritual growth and accountability in order to keep the Great Commandment.
A genuine love for God is always the first priority. Every Christian should yearn for continual spiritual growth. Therefore, discipleship through Life groups, accountability, and open honesty is critical to maturing in our faith (Acts 2:44-47).
- We believe that God has called us to serve and love our community.
We desire to earn the right to be trusted by our community through willingly providing acts of kindness and service (Matthew 25:42-45).